Sunday 29 April 2012

My April Challenge - Day 29

On the home straight now . . .

If anyone had said today's weather was going to be worse than yesterday, I would not have believed them. I was wrong. There has been torrential rain for most of the day. In the late afternoon, there was a bit of brightness, so I rushed out to try to get today's shot but it was quite windy.

This is a shot that I was hoping to get. This Azalea has been in bud for some time and I have been waiting for it to open. When it is fully in bloom it is a mass of yellow flowers and the scent is amazing. I could wait no longer. Here it is just starting to flower.

The purple/blue in the background is actually a carpet of bluebells.

Azalea

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love the yellow azalea opening up and the long and delicate stamens.
Back to that little bird, are you able to feed it to help it a little? Do you know what they eat? It obviously hasn't found its mummy. I do hope it survives.

Jenny said...

Hi Sandra,

I have not seen the bird today.

I did think of feeding it but they never feed on the bird feeders so I guess they eat insects rather than seeds. It was raining so hard in the last couple of days that any seed I put on the window cill would have been washed off.

Yesterday, I saw it fly back into a large conifer tree that we have by the driveway, so perhaps that is where its Mum was.